Saturday, January 26, 2013

Studying Abroad in Cape Town, South Africa



2 years ago I spent 6 months living and studying in Cape Town, South Africa at the University of Cape Town. Recently, I have been reminiscing about it more and want to share it with someone, ANYONE. So, here is my 6 months in Cape Town (and travels throughout southern Africa) condensed into one post.


This was one of my first days in Cape Town. I remember first arriving at UCT (University of Cape Town) being delirious (lack of sleep after 24 hr flight), hungry and tired, and the weather being gloomy, so I was not able to see the physical beauty hidden behind the fog. The next day I woke up and walked outside to see the most amazing view of Table Mountain. I never got used to the view... I would look at it everyday in awe.

 Over spring break I traveled to Botswana, Zambia and Zimbabwe and was able to capture these:

 Chobe National Park, Botswana


 Victoria Falls, Zambia
Zambia. Yes that is a lion! (Though he had  not been released into the wild at this point)

Okavango Delta, Botswana

Now back to Cape Town and the Western Cape:
University of Cape Town. A gorgeous campus.
I lived in one of these town houses.

Hanging out with some penguins.

We celebrated Halloween as Mario Party. I was Donkey Kong (my favorite)
Kruger National Park

And yes, the last two weeks of my trip Chris came to visit. Here he is (taking a rest from) biking through Stellenbosch or wine country.

So my trip through photos is condensed here. I chose the ones with the best memories, but I have so many more adventures I went on that I did not add here. Maybe I will expand on my travels in a later post. I am so grateful I was able to have this experience and realize many people will never be able to have the experiences I had.



No comments:

Post a Comment