Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Yum... green smoothies.

As mentioned in a previous post I am a big green smoothie advocate. I started drinking them after I Googled "how to get my skin to have a natural glow" and discovered that drinking these would help with that. I had been applying creams/other products to my skin, but nothing has made such an improvement as green smoothies. I have such a natural glow that my boyfriend asks me if I have been tanning (I haven't... green smoothies have just improves my skin that much).
My go to recipe is:

2-3 cups of kale
1 banana
1/2 apple
1 cup pineapple
1/2 cup assorted melon
ice
1-2 cups water

I do change it up a bit as well. Using spinach or collard greens for my greens and adding peaches, kiwis, strawberries, raspberries, sorbet almond milk, peanut butter and almond butter among other ingredients. As long as one of the fruits is sweet it's bound to taste good. The hardest part is getting over the color and sometimes the rough texture of it, but once you get over it you'll start to really enjoy them.

I start in the morning with a big smoothie and usually a handful of raw almonds, which always holds me over until lunch. I also recently started incorporating a green smoothie into my post-workout snack. I feel amazing. I have so much more energy, my skin glows and my mind feels a little clearer. I highly recommend green smoothies to everyone.

I realize now that what I put in my body has a huge effect on the outside of my body. I may have always been told this, but green smoothies really just proved it to me.


And now, my macarons have arrived. They are amazing, as expected. Having green smoothies makes me feel less guilty when I splurge on unhealthy foods like this ;-).

No comments:

Post a Comment