Sunday, January 6, 2013

My holidays in review

The month of December was a very jammed pack month- parties, baby showers, trips and family and friends. Here's my month in photos (thank you iPhone for giving me a camera at my finger tips)

Gil (aka Chris) welcomes the holidays

I threw a baby shower for a friend who is having (now HAD) a baby boy. I made my Christmas tree baby themed! Complete with mini blue baby bottles and blue plastic pins (courtesy of the dollar store), blue candy canes, my white and silver ornaments, and balloons at the top. The co-ed baby shower was a nice day of gifts (of course), hearty food and sweets, Christmas music, baby talk and 1,2, or 3 mimosas for the hostess ;-) Jill told me it's ok for the hostess to be a little tipsy at the shower.

Gil and I went to NYC for a weekend mid-December. We stayed on 38th st. in this cozy Italian hotel. We walked from our hotel all the way to the new world trade center, stopping in Greenwich Village, Soho and Little Italy for wine and food on the way. At night we went to the Rockettes at Radio City, which is such a wonderfully gorgeous show, and as always has me leaving jealous of the dancers. We tried to do Christmas-y things, but I found Times Square, 30 Rock and Macy's to be too much for me, so I kind of booked it out of each place after a minute of being there.


This is the tree in the center of Northampton, MA (my current home). Festive!


In front of my favorite hotel around

This "elf on the shelf" belonged to my great grand parents. He sits on our Christmas tree each year. I joke that he is the ORIGINAL elf on the shelf. I think he is too old to get into the mischievous that the newer elves create these days.

My Christmas gift to Chris this year was a tea shelf. It sounds odd, but he LOVES tea... it is kind of his obsession. So I created this little wonder.

New Years weekend we had some friends up. We went to a show at the Iron Horse in Noho and no one was out because of a snow storm. The streets were dead, so we walked in the road. Here are some of the bros doing their thing.


No comments:

Post a Comment